Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Try


Hi, My name is Kandle Werner and I am 7 years old. In January 2008 I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. I have decided to start doing fund raising to help find a cure. I am starting with Step Out Walk to Fight Diabetes. It is September 27th, 2008 in Vancouver. I am walking the 3 mile loop with my dad and step mom. My brother and mom are doing the 6 mile loop. With this blog we are hoping to find friends and family that would like to sponsor me. Every little bit helps so please don't think a dollar or two won't :).
In the fall I am also planning to talk to my school and the American Diabetes Association about doing some kind of fund raiser. So please check back to find out more!
My mom and I are talking about putting together a team for this walk to keep me company. If you would like to join us please let us know as soon as you can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kandle, I am your Mom's uncle Bill in TN. First let me say how proud I am of you and second how pretty you are. You look like your Mom when she was that age.
My email is blwgnr@aol.com write me and give my your address and I will make a pledge and send it to you.
Love ya now.
Uncle Bill

pj said...

Hi Kandle!
I am so happy for what you are doing. It is a big responsibility but I know you and your mom can do it!
I really like the picture on this blog. You look more like your mom everyday. Some of your features look like your dad and AJ, too.
Please send me your address and Gary and I will donate.
I love you all and really wish I could see you!
Aunt Pat